On episode 38 of our podcast, we interview Pastor Jeremy Walker on his new book Life In Christ: Becoming & Being a Disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We ask questions such as:
- How does one become a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ?
- What might be the effects of not understanding that a Christian is “in Christ” (Union with Christ)?
- What gets in the way of us enjoying the riches of Christ?
- Does working out our salvation contradict grace?
- + more…
- Mortification of Spin [Podcast]
- Redemption Accomplished and Applied by John Murray
- Podcast #36 – Mark Jones – Antinomianism
- The Tullian & Horton quotes found on these links in order I read them off (1, 2, 3, 4 & 5)
- Recommended Resources:
- The True Christian’s Love to the Unseen Christ by Thomas Vincent
- Sinclair Ferguson:
- Life in Christ: Walking in Newness of Life by Edward Donnelly
- Holy War by John Bunyan
- A Quest for Godliness: The Puritan Vision of the Christian Life by J. I. Packer
Hymn (In order of appearance):
- Come Thou Fount by Page CXVI
- What Child is This by Vince Guaraldi Trio from A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing by London Regency Military Band, Roger Allen and Niles Johnson from The 99 Most Essential Christmas Masterpieces
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel by Red Mountain Church from Silent Night
- And Can It Be (That I Should Gain?) by Charles Wesley. This was recorded at St Mary’s Church, Ealing, London for a special BBC Songs Of Praise