On episode 27 of our podcast, we talk to Ken Puls about music in the worship of the church. We cover the following questions about worship:
- What is the relationship between music and worship?
- What is the Regulative Principle?
- What are “Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs”?
- How should we pick music for church?
- What about the term “worship leader”?
- How can we help our congregation sing and not have them focus on us?
- What about liturgy and order of worship? (asked by JD, whom we briefly introduced last week)
Note that this is part two of the two part interview. Check out part one first if you didn’t hear that yet.
We are giving away five of Ken Puls’ albums “Upon This Rock”. Enter here for your chance to win:
Books & Sites Mentioned:
- Ken Puls:
- Most of what we went over is from “What Then Shall We Sing? Part 2: Thoughts on Music and Worship
- Selecting Music for Worship: Know the Word, Theology & Your Church [Blog Series]
- Recommended Resources:
Credopedia.org – A wiki dedicated to the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith, commonly called the 1689, and theology in accordance with the doctrines contained therein.