On episode eight of our podcast, we interview Pastor Paul Brewster on some Southern Baptist (SBC) History: GA Baptist Assocation & Sandy Creek.
After that, we talk about some Reformed Baptist headlines and give you a preview of next week’s episode featuring Paul Reynolds on his book 66 Books One Story.
Books & Sites Mentioned:
- Emir Caner brings keynote address at first GBC History Conference
- Paul Brewster’s Reply: “Who Forgot What? A Reply to Emir Caner” [pg. 30]
- Andrew Fuller: Model Pastor-Theologian (Baptist Thought and Life) by Paul Brewster
- History of the Baptists (The History of the Baptists – Volume 1) & Volume 2 by John T. Christian
- Paschal – History of the North Carolina Baptists: Volume 1 & Volume 2
- Daniel and Abraham Marshall Pioneer Baptist Evangelists to the South by Thomas Ray
- Relevant Founders articles:
- On Sandy Creek:
- Baptist Foundations in the South: Tracing Through the Separates the Influence of the Great Awakening, 1754-1787 by William L. Lumpkin
- The Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies
- By Jason:
- Reformed Baptist Family Conference – June 17-21 + Prior Conf. Audio
- Debate: Homosexuality & the Church; Can You Be Gay and Christian? – James White & Justin Lee [Audio]
- Parent’s Perspective on College – Voddie Baucham UPDATE: Video Online
- 20+ Free Lectures & Q&A on Church Ministry From Reformed Baptist Seminary
- Friday Funny: Baptist History Rap Set To The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Law & Gospel: How They’re Distinct & Related – Bob Gonzales
- By Javier:
- By Junior:
Credopedia.org – A wiki dedicated to the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith, commonly called the 1689, and theology in accordance with the doctrines contained therein.
Be Thou My Vision by Ascend the Hill from their album Hymns. Entire album can be downloaded free.