Interview #7: James Renihan – Particular Baptist History + Book Giveaway
On episode seven of our podcast, we interview Dr. James Renihan on the origins of Particular Baptists.
After that, we talk about some Reformed Baptist headlines and give you a preview of next week’s episode featuring Paul Brewster.
[buy via Amazon]
This week you have a chance to win one of two signed copies of Renihan’s True Love: Understanding the Real Meaning of Christian Love.
Books & Sites Mentioned:
- Today’s Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic by Walter Chantry
- The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination by
- Puritan Hope by Iain H. Murray
- Lutherans Apologise to Anabaptsts (Mennonites – NOT Baptists)
- Alexander Carson switching from Irish Presbyterian to credo-baptist (It’s in a prefatory section called “Memoir: A Sketch of His Life” by John Young)
- The Marrow of Theology by
- The Dippers Dipt
- TRUE CONFESSIONS:
edited by James Renihan
- Edification and Beauty: The Practical Ecclesiology of the English Particular Baptists, 1675-1705 (Studies in Baptist History and Thought)
James M. Renihan
James M. Renihan
- Reformed Baptist Family Conference @ Grace Baptist Church in Carlisle, Pennsylvania [June 17-21]
The Institute of Reformed Baptist Studies at Westminster Seminary California in Escondido, CA
- Baptist & Puritan History Tour 2009
- 2014 Reformation Tour
- God, in the Gospel of His Son [Trinity Hymnal #141]
- By Junior:
- 2001 ARBCA General Assembly [Audio]
- 2001 Southern Baptist Founders Conference Southwest [Audio]
- 2011 Georgia Association of Confessional Baptists General Assembly [Audio]
- Free E-Book Friday: The Psalmist
- Reformed Baptist Origins & The 1689
- Reformed Baptist Catechism and Reformed Baptist Origins
- The Dipper’s Dipt
- By Jason:
- By Javier:
- From Circumcision to Baptism by Greg Welty (+ more)
- Best Android Podcast Apps
- Do You Really Know Your Newborn? by Mark Chanski [Manly Dominion Book Excerpt]
- 2013 Baptist Symbolics Lectures @ IRBS
- The Covenant of Grace, the New Covenant, the Better Covenant
- Building Tomorrow’s Church Lecture 2009-2012 Audio Archive
Credopedia.org – A wiki dedicated to the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith, commonly called the 1689, and theology in accordance with the doctrines contained therein.
GERMAN is the traditional tune used to sing the hymn Dr. Renihan quoted. Tune can be downloaded free.