This year, we are privileged to have Drs. Renihan and Dolezal address the doctrine of God…
We are planning on having a panel discussion with Drs. Renihan and Dolezal and Sam Renihan (author of two books on the subject) on the doctrine of divine impassibility.
Each night closes with a Q&A.
Besides the lectures and Q&A, we also provide two complimentary meals (lots of meat!). We hope you can join us!
Here is the registration page [now open through Oct. 19].
Monday, November 2 – Tuesday, November 3, 2015
The Doctrine of God
Dr. James E. Dolezal
James E. Dolezal, Ph.D., teaches theology, philosophy, and church history at Cairn University in Langhorne, PA. He is a graduate of The Master’s Seminary and Westminster Theological Seminary. He is the author of God without Parts: Divine Simplicity and the Metaphysics of God’s Absoluteness as well numerous journal articles and reviews. Prior to moving to the east coast he served as a Reformed Baptist pastor in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. James is married to Courtney and they have three children: Judah, Havah, and Eden. James is active in supplying pulpits in the Philadelphia area.
Dr. James M. Renihan
Dean and Professor of Historical Theology
Institute of Reformed Baptist Studies
- Monday, November 2, 2015
- Registration/check-in: 1:30-2:45pm
- 3:00-4:00pm Session 1 (lecture, Dr. Renihan)
- 4:00-4:15pm Break
- 4:15-5:15pm Session 2 (Lecture #1, Present State of the Doctrine of God in Evangelicalism, Dr. Dolezal)
- 5:15-6:30pm Dinner: complimentary Tacos (full-conference attendees only)
- 6:30-7:30pm Session 3 (Lecture #2, Divine Simplicity: 1. The Theological Grammar of Orthodoxy, Dr. Dolezal)
- 7:30-7:50pm Break
- 7:50-8:30pm Session 4 (Q&A, Drs. Dolezal and Renihan)
- Tuesday, November 3, 2015
- 8:30-9:30am Session 5 (Lecture #3, Divine Simplicity: 2. On the Inadequacy of Harmonism and Actualism, Dr. Dolezal)
- 9:30-9:50am Break
- 9:50-10:50am Session 6 (Lecture #4, Divine Eternity: The Challenge of Creation, Dr. Dolezal)
- 10:50-11:10am Break
- 11:10am-12:10pm Session 7 (Panel Discussion on Divine Impassibility: Dr. Dolezal, Dr. Renihan, and Sam Renihan)
- 12:10-1:30pm Lunch: complimentary Argentine BBQ (full-conference attendees only)
- 1:30-6:30pm Break
- 6:30-7:30pm Session 8: (Lecture #5, Trinity: Rehabilitating the Unity of Being, Dr. Dolezal)
- 7:30-7:50pm Break
- 7:50-8:30pm Session 9 (Q&A, conference speakers)
- Closing prayer and doxology