On episode 81 of our interview podcast we have Pastor Zack Eswine on to tell us all about his latest book “Spurgeon’s Sorrows: Realistic Hope for Those who Suffer from Depression“.
- Why a book on depression?
- What kinds of depression did Spurgeon experience?
- How did they shape him?
- How did he talk about them?
- How did he practically deal with them?
- The importance of poetic language when talking about depression
- + more
- When Life Goes Dark: Finding Hope in the Midst of Depression by Richard Winter
- Having it Out with Melancholy by Jane Kenyon
- Midnight Harmonies by Octavius Winslow
- Converse with God in Solitude by Richard Baxter
- Psalm 69 from Looking for God by Sons of Korah