How you define a covenant and how you determine the structure of a covenant has all to do… with your view of Justification.
On episode 67 of our interview podcast, we hand over the mic to Sam Waldron [who we first got to know on episode 14] to interview Fred Malone about an upcoming Covenant Baptist Theological Seminary class on Reformed Baptist Covenant Theology.
We get to know Fred Malone then we get into questions such as:
- Important of the Law & Gospel structure and its relation to Covenant Theology?
- What is the relation between Believer’s baptism and a proper covenant theology?
- Should Reformed Baptist have a distinct covenant theology–how distinct?
- What challenges does Dispensationalism present for in developing a proper covenant theology?
- What are some of the major questions being debated among Baptists today about covenant theology?
- What are some of the major questions being debated among Reformed theologians with regard to covenant theology?
- + more
- Fred Malone:
- Pastors at First Baptist Church of Clinton, Louisiana
- Covenant Theology Influences:
- God’s People in the Wilderness: The Church in Hebrews by O Palmer Robertson
- The Christ of the Covenants by O. Palmer Robertson
- Systematic Theology by Louis Berkhof
- The Covenant of Grace: A Biblical-Theological Study by John Murray
- The Children of Abraham by David Kingdon
- Martin Luther’s Hymn “These are the 10 Commandments”
- The True Bounds of Christian Freedom by Samuel Bolton
- Covenant Theology: From Adam to Christ by Nehemiah Coxe & John Owen
- The Distinctiveness of Baptist Covenant Theology by Pascal Denault
- Sam Waldron’s Ph.D. work on Justification: Faith, Obedience, and Justification [from RBAP]