$34 – A Noble Company
Biographical Essays on Notable
Particular-Regular Baptists in America
Edited by Terry Wolever
This volume contains essays on twenty-four men and women, all of whom did their work for the Lord during the latter half of the eighteenth century and the mid-nineteenth century. These include such major figures in American Baptist history as Jesse Mercer, Andrew Broaddus, William Staughton, and William Parkinson.
Subjects in this volume are [link give short description]:
1. Jesse Mercer (1769-1841) by Anthony L. Chute
2. Marmaduke Earle (1769-1856) by Terry Wolever
3. Andrew Broaddus (1770-1848) by Peter Beck
4. William Staughton (1770-1829) by Thomas J. Nettles
5. Asahel Morse (1771-1838) by Gerald L. Priest
6. William Collier (1771-1843) by G. Truett Rogers
7. James Whitsitt (1771-1849) by Albert W. Wardin, Jr.
8. [The American Revolution and] Stephen Smith Nelson (1772-1853) by Jeffrey P. Staub
9. Joshua Bradley (1773-1855) by Terry Wolever
10. William Parkinson (1774-1848) by André A. Gazal
11. Clark Kendrick (1775-1824) by William H. Brackney
12. Daniel Dodge (1775-1851) by Jeffrey A. Waldrop
13. Jeremiah Chaplin (1776-1841) by Nathan V. Lentfer
14. Archibald Maclay (1776-1860) by Ian Hugh Clary
15. Nathaniel Kendrick (1777-1848) by Benjamin C. Leslie
16. Daniel Davis Lewis (1777-1849) by Larry R. Oats
17. Horatio Gates Jones, Sr. (1777-1853) by G. Truett Rogers
18. Stephen Chapin (1778-1845) by Christopher C. Moore
19. Joseph Mathias (1778-1851) by Johnny Truelove
20. Thomas Brown (1779-1831) by Jonny White
21 & 22. Ensign Lincoln (1779-1832) and Thomas Edmands (1780-1850) by Terry Wolever
23. Obadiah B. Brown (1779-1852) by Don Moffitt
24. Mary Webb (1779-1861) by Rosalie Beck
There are three appendixes [and indexes]. They are:
A. Letter from William Staughton to the parents of Stephen Dutilh (1800)
B. Church Covenant and Resolutions of the Baptist Church at Burlington, New Jersey, 1801. William Staughton, Pastor.
C. Letter from Clark Kendrick to Mrs. Tabitha Morgan (1820)
Hardcover. Bound in Navy cloth vellum with gold stamping. 649 pages. Illustrated with some additional rare portraits and other pictures. Three extensive indexes – Persons, Subjects and Churches.
Learn more about Particular Baptist Press in our interview with them.